In the beginning, the Valkyrie came from the far north, many as free women and shieldmaidens from the lands of Vikings and Torvaldsland. Journeying south, settling in the forests of ravens, a place called Valkyrie Forest, they took the name Valkyrie Panthers for their band. They and their bonds and thralls carried with them some of the rich cultural heritage and influences of the northern customs. The Valkyrie were led by Danika Stenvaag.
One day, the Torva Panthers, journeying from the forests of Tharna in search of a new home, came upon the Valkyrie in their forests, soon joining them. The Torva were led by Robin Dancer. Together, they became the Valkyrie Torva Panthers.
Entering Valkyrie Forest, you are in a world shrouded in spires of jade-hued pine... a place of snow-clad, glacier peaks and waterfalls, clear cold meandering streams, and long forgotten standing Runestones. You have journeyed far north into the Northern Forest and are close to the border of Torvaldsland... This is Valkyrie Forest, an upper region of the Northern Forest.
Take a few moments to stop and enjoy the peace of the forest. While you are in meditation, take note of the Valkyrie Ravens flying overhead; they are always watching over the lands. They may even be watching you. It is magical.
Below are some sample albums of the Valkyrie Torva in Valkyrie Forest from their Valkyrie Flickr web site. The photo albums are not current, going back years to 2011, and as such are in desperate need of updating. The photo samples presented here were taken during the flexi era, before mesh builds became mainstream. Expect them to be updated with many more photos coming soon. For now, some of the albums presented here reflect the seasons in Valkyrie Forest. A recurring theme are the Valkyrie feathers, blue for the air color of the Valkyrie, red for the fire passion of the Torva that joined them. Together, they are elemental like air and fire, found in the seaons... One sisterhood... Click the photo links to take you to the albums.
* Valkyrie Mesh Feathers With Brooch V.5 Notes *
Valkyrie Torva (Low Lag Battle grade) mesh feathers with brooch, Version 5 are included in this folder. The new mesh version Valkyrie Feathers look exactly the same as the traditional alpha Valkyrie Torva feathers worn by the tribe for the majority of the Valkyrie lifetime. Same shape, size, textures, Valkyrie colors.
by Dagny Chalice (meyerchalice) *Danika*
En Chieftess of Valkyrie Torva
Note: Version 4 Valkyrie Mesh feathers with beads - (Traditional appearance) precede this set. Prior to these versions were the Valkyrie Traditional Alpha feather set Version 3 worn for most of the lifetime of the Valkyrie. Prior to these were the blue and white soft feathers of the Valkyrie Panthers early days, and currently still decoratively used for Valkyrie Wings. The Valkyrie Wings feathers may still be worn with either new versions 4 or 5 as a matter of personal choice.
These feathers (Version 5) are low lag, combat ready, mesh feathers. They are joined with a round brooch (wooden feather clasp) instead of beads, with color coded gem stones to denote ranks. For example:
* Blue trimmed wooden brooch with simple, unadorned Valkyrie Wings etched into the brooch for Pledge (Cub);
* The crescent moon above the blue wings for full Valkyrie Torva sister with blue trimmed wooden brooch;
* White Pearl below the blue wings for the Valkyrie Wings ranking;
* Moonstone above the wings and crescent moon for Prowl;
* Tiger Eye stone to the right of the Pearl for Scout (all scouts should have Prowl powers to recruit);
* Blue Sapphire above the crescent for Claw;
* Red Ruby added for Fang;
* Purple Amethyst for Head Slaver;
* Diamond for Elder;
* Single Gold Stone for Tor;
* Double Gold Stone for Se:
* Triple Gold Stone for En.
* Valkyrie Raven is minimalist with a red Norse Raven above the blue wings and Death Head (skull and bones) below the wings, black wooden block brooch.
* Green Emeralds for the three classes of healers: Apprentice (or guest healer) single gem, Full Healer double gem, and Head Healer triple gem.
Version 4 traditional mesh Valkyrie Feathers with beads, claws, fangs, preceding this set have higher land impact but can be worn instead of these. Promoters can offer both sets to those being promoted allowing them to choose which set to wear.